Friday, February 4, 2011

When My Boys Say...

..."Will you take a picture of this?", I've learned to always say, "Yes!"

It's such a small thing really, but I can tell that it means a lot to them.  It means that I realize how important it is that David's kiwi looks like a volcano...
...and that Josiah did a masterful job of arranging the dominoes.
So even though to me it's just a kiwi slice and just a bunch of dominoes, I also know that the simple act of honoring their request for a picture speaks volumes to them of how much I respect them.

The request I've been getting recently from Tobin is not "take a picture of this" but "take picture me?"  OK, my boy, I don't mind if I do, even if you are still wearing your pajamas and it's the middle of the morning.
Nope, I don't mind at all.  ;-)

Yesterday I was trying to think of verbs that describe each of my boys here in February of 2011.  I don't know why; I just was!  Here's what I came up with...

Josiah - read
David - jump
Tobin - ???
Shav - watch

As you can imagine, that ??? bothers me.  What verb could I choose that would sum up the essence of Tobin at this stage?  Snuggle?  Imitate?  Or what?

Hmmm...I'm going to have to ponder that one.

If I could choose a verb for myself, I think it would be "prepare."  I'm not sure yet what I'm preparing for, but I feel like I'm on the verge of something.  On the verge of sanity maybe.  ;-)  

There's lots more I could write about this, and I want to...when I have the time.  But undoubtedly there's a stirring in my soul.  So, until I know what direction that will lead me, what I can do now is simply...

...PREPARE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally see the volcano and I would have wanted you to to take a picture of the dominoes if I did that too :-) Tobin is adorable in that picture.. love the silly grin :-)

Julie said...

I think I might know that "prepare" feeling. Watch out! It was strong for me when I was in the thick of mothering my little ones, and while I was in the present with them, my heart had this longing and mind was doing sorting that I could only describe as preparation for what was coming when they were a little older.

For me, in the midst of all of the deep daily routines (diapering, nursing, reading, organizing, cooking, playing Thomas and Elmo and Hello Kitty, pushing swings), my mind had time to process and mull things over that I would be addressing at a later time. I kept reminding myself that there would be a season for whatever was coming. And there was. And is. Be prepared! ;)

JFisher777 said...

Tobin=Snuggler came to me even before I read what you thought.

Sarah-Anne said...

and i don't mind looking at your sweet boys, davene!
Sarah-Anne