Thursday, February 24, 2011

Speaking of Love #24



My true-love hath my heart,
and I have his,
By just exchange one for the other given;
I hold his dear,
and mine he cannot miss,
There never was a better bargain driven.
~ Sidney


On Sept. 7, 1999, Jeff wrote me this short & sweet letter on special paper with rose petals and other organic material pressed into it...
My dearest Happy,

I just wanted you to know how happy I am to be married to you (these 27 months!).  I love you so much, and I am amazed at the sacrificial love you constantly demonstrate to me in the acts of service you do.  I am grateful, Schmo.

I hope your day was filled with beauty.  Mine was beautiful in its thoughts of you!

I love you!

Jeffrey

Even short letters can contain a huge amount of love.  ;-)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I haven't been able to keep up with your delightful series, but the few posts I have read have been beautiful.

Much love Davene,

~Elizabeth