Sunday, February 27, 2011

Speaking of Love #27



It is love in old age, no longer blind, that is true love.  For love's highest intensity doesn't necessarily mean its highest quality...
Passersby commonly see little beauty in the embrace of young lovers on a park bench, but the understanding smile of an old wife to her husband is one of the loveliest things in the world.
~ Booth Tarkington
(I absolutely love this quote!  I've appreciated each of the ones I've shared this month; that's why I chose them!  :)  But this one - wow!  I think it's really good.)

On April 25, 2008, Jeff gave me this card...
...and the funny thing about it is that it was designed by a man named Jeffrey Fisher.  No, not my Jeffrey Fisher, but another one.  How appropriate!  :)
More precious to me than anything the other Jeffrey Fisher did to this card was what my Jeff did and the words of love he wrote.
My sweetest Davene - 

I awoke this morning appreciating you - yearning for more time with you - a desire to be selfishly alone with you.  O how God has blessed us with family, friends, and provision...yet, always hungering with more.  The magic of being content evades me as I thirst for "deeper," "richer," more intimate time with you.  I love you, dear woman, and I am so grateful for your spirit, your companionship, your faithfulness, and your love.

This card was written by a guy with my name...kind of funny!

I love you,
Jeffrey

1 comment:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

....and how I can echo these words: '...yearning for more timewith you'. We would not for one minute be without our children, without the employment that takes hubby away for so many hours of every day, but... yes, we do long for some real time to spend together....just 'being' together.x