Saturday, February 5, 2011

One Year and 21 Days Ago...

...I had a rough day.

Yesterday I had a peaceful one.

As I looked around the living room at all my children happily engaged in some kind of productive activity, I thought, "I think it finally happened; I think normal daily life actually feels kind of easy again!"  And I marveled.

Josiah practiced violin (and did not cry when he made an occasional shrill squeak).

David did a JumpStart Artist computer program.

Tobin (who, contrary to this picture, still has his head) played on our Star Wars "laptop" which has various games, mostly educational.  He doesn't really know how to play them, but he's highly entertained by pushing buttons, especially when he lands upon one that makes noise.

Shav sat happily on the floor, looking through a basket of books.

I soaked it in.  It was easy.  It was peaceful.  It was amazing.  Not that "normal daily life" always feels easy these days, because it doesn't.  But regardless, it is a marked improvement from how I felt last year when I wrote about that Very Hard Day.

What a difference a year {plus 20 days} makes!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah to things getting easier! :)
Haha!

I have been struggling with some tough days here recently, and tonight was the best evening we've had in long time since before the boys were sick. It was so wonderful to hear them laughing and playing again!

I love those moments when everyone is content. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

wow! that picture of the violin is absolutely exceptional -- i know i should be commenting on your post, but the image blew me away! did you take that photo Davene? If so, congratulations!

Davene Grace said...

Thank you, Morning! You certainly know how to brighten my day. :)

I did take the picture of the violin. I had been wanting to take a picture like that for a while; and on that particular day when Josiah was practicing, I suddenly remembered and thought, "Aha, now is my chance! Everyone else is busy and content, and I can get out my camera." I took some pictures of Josiah, and then I decided to just take some snapshots of all the boys, and then this post was born! :)

I am very pleased with how that photo turned out, but I'm a little biased. :) It's rewarding to know you like it, too. Thank you!!

Carol said...

Praise God for those moments like that!

Amber said...

Oh, do I love moments like that!

Mamajil said...

Love those moments too!!!! Your boys are so sweet and precious I love the pictures!!! Glad things are easier, its always so hard right after having a new little one!! It takes time for everyone to find their new place.....
:)