Friday, February 18, 2011

Speaking of Love #18



All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
~ Lucy Van Pelt, 
in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz


Once in a while, Jeff will come home from work and will hand me, on the sly so the kids don't see it, a Skor bar.  Love and chocolate--together--just the way it's supposed to be, right, Lucy?  ;-)

On Christmas Eve in '96, he wrote this...

24 Dec 96
Tuesday


Hey there, Wonderful - 


O!  Only two days!  I would like to put it on fast forward.  I am very "chipper."


I only work a 1/2 day here at work (8:30-12:30).  Then I'll go home, pack an overnight bag, clean house a bit, and head for Big Bear.  Then I'll drop off Kim's gifts for the Hoovers, then home.  Tomorrow is a Wednesday, so I'm sure Dad will take the opportunity to have a meeting...  Then I will try and leave a bit early on Thursday morning...head to Rob's, maybe see a few friends (cops), and then head to Ontario airport [in California, not to be confused with the Canadian one!].  I am quite excited.


I don't know what kind of day to expect today, but it's only four hours, so I really don't mind...  I still have not decided about Sunday... Kim has it off, maybe it would be good if we all did something.  I was thinking about flying to Vegas instead of driving [Jeff has a brother who lives there, and we visited him and his family during my Christmas trip to CA that year]...tickets are cheap...it would be fun to finally fly together and not apart.  :)  I think I'll wait and see how busy Friday is before I choose to take Sunday off.  It may be that it is really busy because many Navy men will be coming back.  Odds are, I'll take it off... I love you, and I don't get enough of you and I together.  :)


...


You are wonderful!


I love you!


Jeffrey

No comments: