Sunday, February 6, 2011

Speaking of Love #6

Love is expressed unmistakably with the eyes.  In giving attention, we give affection...
Love is expressed undeniably with the ears.  In hearing another's true intentions, we give affection...
Love is expressed unequivocally in...the availability offered.  The assurance that each will be there for the other when needed, when expected, when desired is the confidence of being loved.
~ David Augsburger

A month after he wrote the letter I quoted from yesterday, Jeff sent me this card...

By this time, he had returned to California from Israel, so instead of the love letters flying back and forth between Israel and Virginia, they shot from one side of the country to the other.  The postage was cheaper.  ;-)

He wrote...

7 July 96
Sunday 
AM

Good morning, my dear Happy!

How is the most wonderful lady in the whole wide world whom I love doing today?  Thirteen days and I will be spending an evening with you!  O how you make my heart to pound and my stomach to flutter!

It is now only 7:15 a.m., but I felt an urge to be with you this morning, and I cannot, so...I write!  :)  I hope your sore throat, headache, and pains are gone.  I am praying so.  I know it is discouraging to be sick ~ when the body is sick, it often affects the whole outlook of one's emotions.  But be assured, though you may be feeling blue, there is someone who cares and loves you very much!

A matter of fact, though it is your favorite color, I do not want you ever to be blue, but happy!

O my sweet lover hundreds of miles away, do you feel my heart aching for you?  Across the Mississippi, the plains, and the Rocky Mountain chains, do you feel how rapidly my blood pumps into my veins? ~ Just thinking of you, just imagining your voice ~ your laugh...

I love you, Happy!

...

PM

Hey there, wonderful lady!

The day is well spent now.

...

I am still not working; it makes me a little nervous, like I should rush out there and get a job, but I somehow feel I should relax, not fret, and wait until I get back from visiting you.  O how I long to be with you.  Every day I want to call you.  Yet, I abstain ~ trying to vent my longing for you in these letters.  I love you, Davene.

I went through some old boxes of stuff I've accumulated over the years and tried to throw out some stuff.  Memories...life is so full of them, but it is funner to make them than to remember them.  Will you make some memories with me?  :)

Yours always,
Yaquir [written in Hebrew letters, which I don't know how to do on the blog!]

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So so sweet Davene! I have fallen way behind on your blog! I am so excited to begin catching up! :)