Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do You Know What This Sound Is?

This video is all black.
This video is only 11 seconds long.
This video is of a sound that I wanted to preserve, 
a sound from days of yesteryear, 
a sound that my boys wouldn't be familiar with except for the generosity of their grandpa 
who happened to have an extra one of these lying around in his office.
Please excuse the fussy sounds of Shav in the background; 
those are not what I was trying to capture!
I think around the 9 second mark, it becomes obvious what I'm making a video of.
Do you know what it is?  ;-)

7 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

An old typewriter?!
I thought for the first six or seven seconds that it was the clippety-clop of horses.....!

Anonymous said...

ooo yep an old typewriter.. we had a toy one as kids :-)

Miriam said...

It's a late summer night, and Jeff is riding his horse home after spending the evening visiting his betrothed, Davene. The horse surely sensed Jeff's happiness, because even the sound of the hooves on the dirt rode had a happy lilt to it.

;)


(Typewriter)

Margie said...

Typewriter! Elizabeth said something yesterday that referred either to a typewriter or something being typed, and I nearly said, "Do you know what a typewriter is?" but bit my tongue b/c we were in the car, and I wasn't ready to start a long explanatory discussion with my hands on the wheel. B/c it's the kind of thing that requires hand motions, don't you think?

Sally said...

Typewriter! The kind I broke my fingers learning to type on. Well, for the first while, and then we upgraded to luxury, an electric typewriter!

Julie said...

What they used in How to Succeed (HHS musical with my very own son singing and acting and daughter playing percussion in the pit)....a typewriter! And, yes, I had a Buddy-L Easy Writer typewriter when I was a girl complete with CARBON PAPER to make copies of the SCRIPTS I would write and type out and STAPLE together and highlight parts for plays that I made my siblings perform. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful sound! :D What a happy picture it gives me!