Saturday, April 30, 2011

Boys and Blocks

When Josiah turned one, we bought him a set of blocks:  nice, big, sturdy blocks that a toddler could easily hold.
He showed only the barest amount of interest in them, and I fretted a little, "What's wrong?  Why doesn't he like blocks?  EVERY child is supposed to love to play with blocks.  Maybe he doesn't have any imagination!"  Typical first-time-mom fears, I suppose.
I needn't have worried.  Josiah has long since proven me wrong, specifically:
~ nothing's wrong,
~ he does like blocks,
~ and he has PLENTY of imagination.
Who knows how many hours he has spent playing with blocks, and he's not the only one:  little bro David has quickly followed in Josiah's footsteps, spending a huge amount of time building and playing with blocks, including the new Star Wars Lego sets that David got for his birthday.
So, yeah, I had no cause for concern.  But ya know, if I were David's hand, I might be a little concerned.  That Storm Trooper guy--or whatever he is--looks SERIOUS.  Is that gun loaded?  Watch out!!!  ;-)
Oh!  Whew!  Now I see!  I guess he was aiming at Luke Skywalker...or somebody...whoever he is...Josiah or David could tell me in an instant...but I can't remember...some knowledge just doesn't stick in my head the way it does in theirs.  It's nice to know he wasn't going to blast David's hand off anyway.  ;-)
And to think that I thought that Josiah didn't like blocks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe love it! Glad to hear that I am not the only one that has done that irrational first time mom crazy talk!