Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Is For Babies...

...and this past Wednesday, Jeff got us SIX!*

They came in a box...
...and quickly excited the curiosity and won the approval of the boys.
What are they?
Chicks!!
Even though all I ever wanted...

 ...(as far as animals go)...
...was a collie...
...it IS nice...
...to have new life around the place.
Little boys...
 ...and little animals...
 ...just seem to go together...
 ...perfectly.
 And they sure are cute!
The chicks, that is.
 Well, the boys, too.
Hello, babies!


* You didn't think I was talking about ME having another baby, did you?  I wouldn't joke about something like that!  Never!  Well...OK...maybe once.  ;-)  But not today.  No, not today.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo how fun!!!! They are sooo stinking cute!!!!!!

Leah said...

Nooooo! You cut Shav's hair again!!! Of course he looks adorable either way, but I thought that his shaggy waves gave him such individuality! ;)

Misty said...

So cute! Now we have the same number of kids and the same number of chicks...lol Your chicks must be a bit older than ours. Looks like they have quite a bit more feathers

Elizabeth said...

Davene - I love the chicks, the boys, and your new May header!!! Wow woman! I am impressed! You never cease to amaze me Davene!

Emily Sacra said...

Aww! What cute chicks! I like your new header, by the way! Very sweet :)

Emily

Unknown said...

Marvellous header -- you are clever! And dear little chicks -- they looks so sweet -- but as we've had them I know that they smell and make a terrible mess!

Mike and Katie said...

We raised some chicks once. It was really fun to have the boys dig up worms, give one to the chicks and watch them play "football" with it.

Pam said...

Oh...I love the chicks! I have been contemplating getting some once again, but not sure yet.... love looking at yours, and seeing your boys with them... such a treat. I think chickens, goats, gardens... anything can help in this economy, and are wise ideas. Enjoy.
Pam

Melani said...

Yay for chicks! Will you raise these as laying hens (well, the girl ones, of course)? I have always loved the idea of chicks and hens. Unfortunately, I don't love birds of any sort.....I will vicariously through your chick posts. :)

Wonder said...

so cute!

Valerie said...

I couldn't click over here from my google reader fast enough! After reading the title of your post I thought baby #5 was on the way! stinker. :)
The baby chicks are cute though. That was worth clicking over for. (well, your blog posts are always worth clicking over for... I just don't always need to click so fast) ;)