Sunday, April 10, 2011

What Inspires Me

After a week that could accurately be described as somewhat challenging, my soul was in need of refreshment and my mind in need of renewal.  The quote below, which I stumbled across yesterday, served both purposes beautifully; and the pictures--both of which are from my pre-blog life--that I've included in this post warm my heart as I gaze upon the faces of two of the greatest blessings God has given me.



~ My beloved firstborn, June 2002

Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is placed in her bosom to be nursed and trained!  Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into its soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny, she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others' hands the sacred and holy trust given to her.
~ J. R. Miller

~ My cherished second-born, April 2005

6 comments:

JFisher777 said...

That second picture...taken inside the walls of the old city of Jerusalem...right?

Davene Grace said...

Yes...at the Jerusalem Wall Restaurant...or whatever the name was. Wish we could be there again...someday... ;-)

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

Thank you for your comment. I love these pictures and sure does make me long to see the faces of my next 2 unborns. haha! Thanks for the link, I will def. be checking that out and it looks like you have an amazing blog!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh what a wonderful quote. I was just reading an articlein the newspaper the other day from a female journalist who was saying that 'just being a mum couldn't possible fulfill a woman'.
She needs to speak with you!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh, and taken inside the walls of Old Jerusalem? Sigh....

Margie said...

Thank you for that wonderful quote.