Tuesday, January 3, 2012

With Noses Pressed to Cold Glass...

...my boys watched the snow fall this morning.
 This snow wasn't forecasted...
 ...and Dad, our resident weather expert, said it didn't even show up on radar!
 But somehow, a wonderful cloud bearing snow passed over our house...
 ...and gracefully dropped its burden upon us.
 What a fantastic surprise!
Maybe the wishes of these boys made the snow come.  :)
Or maybe it was the wishes of their mother.  ;-)
 Whatever it was, we're thankful for this surprise gift from the Real Weatherman...
...and the way these flakes of white beautify everything they land on, even our discarded Christmas tree which was plopped unceremoniously in the middle of our patio yesterday as we put away our Christmas things.
 These boys--and I--loved watching the snow this morning, but we didn't just watch it.
We bundled up, went out in it, and experienced it:  feeling it on our cheeks, sweeping it from our sidewalk, and, of course, tasting it.

And then we came in and drank hot chocolate.  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad I am in the office today and can't be out playing with Sammy! We did however play stomp rockets in the snow yesterday :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! I'm not surprised at all that you have snow. When I took Peter to school this morning it was 27-degrees and has only warmed up to 38-degrees all day.

Valerie said...

Oh, I do miss how pretty snow looks. I certainly do not miss being out in it though. I'll just enjoy your pictures this winter. Do I still get to sip the hot chocolate? :)

Unknown said...

What beautiful snow! I would have my nose pressed to the window too.

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

So sweet. Snow is just magical (for lack of a better word) for kids, isn't it? Ok, for moms too! I'm so glad we had a white Christmas. ;0) I actually wrote about it recently here:

http://embracingdestiny.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-snow.html