Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Cuties

Our home was blessed with extra sweetness this morning.
 Marie, and her two siblings, brought it when they came to play with my boys.
 We had seven children here, and...let's see...if I remember correctly...
 ...one is 9 years old, one is 6, one is 5, one is 4, one is 3, one is 2, and one is 1!
 My boys were so happy to welcome our guests...
 ...and, true to form, Tobin was telling them they should spend the night here and suggesting sleeping places for everyone...and David was lamenting their departure, wishing they could stay "just one more hour?"
 I've had the privilege of keeping them a few times now...enough to know what they normally enjoy.  They usually come in and play with the toys in the baskets on the shelf by the door first thing.  At some point, they migrate upstairs to Tobin's room and the train table there.  Hannah and I spend some time sitting on the couch in the living room, reading books that she chooses--and others join us and add books to my lap that they want read as well.  And Paul?
 He *always*...
 ...goes for the cars.
 This time, Paul brought along his new cowboy hat and bolo tie...
 ...and was kind enough to share it with one of the cowboys who lives in this house.
Thanks, Sally, for sharing your sweet children with us today!  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children! Looks like everyone had fun!

Sarah-Anne said...

So sweet!

Sally said...

Thank YOU so much for offering a play time for our children! They loved it. Paul has been telling us that he wants to live at your house. I can understand why. I hope our visits there will help soothe his desire for a brother. Just a couple nights ago he was again crying because he wants a brother (and of course, he's getting another sister, and I think this is the last sibling he's going to have, sigh.). I know your boys are great people for him to be around and play with.

Thanks again so much for giving of your time and energy to keep our children this morning! I hope we can have yours over here one of these winter days.

mamajil said...

Love the pics, and love to see two of my bloggy friends in one post...or at least their families :)