Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another View of Cozy

Our nursery--now functioning as Shav's room, but only for a little while longer before the new baby takes over--is one of my favorite rooms in the house...especially in the evening when the soft glow of the lamp makes it incredibly comforting and cozy.  I've mentioned that before.  ;-)

Last night, as Shav was in the bathroom standing on the stool to get a drink before bedtime (he's such a big boy now!), I was waiting for him to finish so I could tuck him into bed; but meanwhile, I caught another glimpse of this cozy scene.  This time, it was reflected in one of our Jerusalem mirrors that hangs on the wall of my bedroom opposite the nursery.  Not only was my heart warmed by the view of the lamplight in his room, but I also admired the way the scene was framed--twice.  Once by the door to Shav's room, and once by the mirror.
I don't expect this post to mean anything to anyone else, but capturing these tiny delicious slices of life is really what my blog is all about.  And the peaceful beauty of this scene is something I don't want to forget.  :)

No comments: