Saturday, January 7, 2012

Return of the Date Night

It had been a while since Jeff and I had slipped away for a date.  With the extra-busy schedules of the holidays, it seemed like for a number of weeks, it just didn't work out for us to have a date.  But finally, tonight, we were able to resume our normal pattern of weekly dates.  

Isn't it wonderful to, at the end of one-on-one time with your spouse, feel like, "Man, I really like this person"?  That's how I'm feeling now.  Not only do I love Jeff more than I ever thought possible to love a human being, I also genuinely like him.  Spending time with him is a definite highlight in my week.  I'm so grateful...

I'm also really tired.  Once again, I used up all my words on Jeff.  So, no more for tonight, except a picture of one of the cutie pies I love coming home to at the end of a date.
Hopefully while I sleep tonight, not only will my body recharge, but my mind will refill and be ready to spill out more words tomorrow.  :)

5 comments:

Sally said...

Awww...that's so wonderful! I'm glad you could have a date night. That's still something (high) on my list for Andrew and I to do regularly, but somehow we don't have many "date nights" and they are almost always with the whole family. That is still a lot of fun, but it's not the same.

Emily said...

We had a date night tonight and i was thinking also thinking how much I like and enjoy spending time with my husband. What a wonderful blessing!

Anonymous said...

Yay for date nights! We love them as well :-)

Amanda said...

You are very lucky to have a weekly date with Jeff! I know you savor that - and that is a wonderful thing. Ben and I try to get out together as much as we can and sometimes its only once a month but I savor those moments too...it's a nice thing to remind ourselves that it's not all about work and children :)

Unknown said...

A weekly date sound wonderful! We go out a few times a year!