Saturday, March 5, 2011

Playing Second Fiddle

I've been blessed with many wonderfully fulfilling musical experiences in my 34 years of life, but none of them--not a single one--compares with the joy and satisfaction that come from accompanying my son as he plays violin. My son!  Playing violin!  Oh, the wonder of it all!  

For this little man (who got to perform in a Suzuki graduation event yesterday because he's finishing Book One this semester), I'll gladly play second fiddle any day.  Errrr...play the piano, that is...he wouldn't want me to really play second fiddle for him...I'd be much too scratchy, and my bowing would stink...yep, I'd better stick to the piano.  ;-)

6 comments:

Sally said...

This is such a great picture! I'm glad you and Josiah have this opportunity. I think you do a good job of making sure your children learn music early on. On that note, I keep forgetting to ask you what "brand" of music books you use for piano when teaching your children. Josiah has quite a stack that I've heard him play from at your house, but I forgot to look at the name on them.

Davene Grace said...

Thanks, Sally!

The music books you've seen here are the Alfred ones. When I started out as a teacher way back when :), that's what I used; and although there are lots of other great options available, I've stuck with that because I have so many of those books. It's a good, solid curriculum.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

How good must that feel.... accompanied by your son. Wow! Congrats to him.

Sarah-Anne said...

wow, congrats mama! that is so special and sweet... :)

Anonymous said...

What fun! What a wonderful picture of the two of you!

Margie said...

I've been reading, Davene, and now I'm catching up on comments.

I LOVE this picture!