Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Get the Camera!"

Josiah dashed into the house a few minutes ago, cheeks rosy from the coolness of the almost-spring air and from his vigorous exercise on the trampoline.  "Quick," he shouted, "get the camera!" 

"OK," I said, straightening up from where I had been bending over the kitchen sink doing one of my least-favorite jobs, cleaning eggs from our chickens; and taking the purple rubber gloves off my hands, I followed Josiah to the front door, stopping on the way to grab my camera.  "What is it?  What do you want me to take a picture of?"

"It's the first flower of the year!" he yelled jubilantly.  And so it was, nestled at the foot of an old English walnut tree, cheery little drops of sunshine captured in the petals of a few flowers.
Who knew that simple crocuses could put such joy in the heart of a young boy?  :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww love that he wanted you to take a picture!! Love that you capture the beautiful flowers!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Ahhh, the joy of each season's appearance...

Lisa said...

I totally share in Josiah's joy! So pretty — bring spring!!!

Stacey said...

I love the urgency, Quick! Get the Camera!

Sarah-Anne said...

i second lisa's comment! we have one lone daffodil in our flower bed, and i couldn't be happier!!

Margie said...

It was from your pictures a couple of years ago that I learned what a crocus looked like. It's really something that Josiah exhorts you to get your camera. You may have a budding photographer in him...