Thursday, February 2, 2012

When Shav Eats Ravioli...

...things usually end up like this...
 ...the serving bowl pulled up right in front of him so he can spoon up all the last little bits of goodness, sauce smeared all over his mouth and chin.

All of the boys like ravioli; and I'll admit that, on days when it's already 12:08 and we're just finishing talking about the Trojan War and reviewing our list of pronouns and I don't have anything spectacular planned for lunch, it's a relief to be able to pull out the can-opener, open up some ravioli, stick it in the microwave, and know that in about two minutes, I'll have happy boys filling their tummies.  It may not be the healthiest lunch, but add in a juicy clementine or some crisp celery sticks or other munchies, and you know what?  It works for me.  :)

And, obviously, it also works for Shav.  Long after the other boys have eaten their portions and left the table to seize the last few minutes of group play before quiet time begins, Shav is still sitting at the table, asking enthusiastically for more!, more!, until finally I just give him the serving bowl and let him get out of it what he can.  He does a pretty good job of cleaning the dish, even if he does manage to make a mess of himself in the process.
Oh well, what can I say?  That boy LOVES his ravioli!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I am right there with you Shav!

Margie said...

I wish mine did! In so many ways, it's a great meal for kids. Love these pictures, Davene!

Sarah-Anne said...

so cute! you are the best mom for letting him wear his food :)