Saturday, February 18, 2012

They Say It's Going to Snow...

...these distinguished weathermen of ours, who are *never*...cough, cough...wrong.  Despite the fact that today felt like the quintessential spring day, with bright sunshine and temperatures in the low 60's, these meteorologists assure us that tonight the temperatures will fall, and tomorrow so will the snow.  To that, I have one thing to say:

LET IT.
For me and for the other snow-lovers who live in this household, this winter has been a huge disappointment, weather-wise.  It started out wonderfully, with the unexpected delight of snow in October; but since then we've barely gotten anything...some flurries here and there, every once in a while, but nothing that accumulates to any depth and nothing that sticks around for a while.  I realize that some (crazy) people who live here in the Valley are actually happy about this!  ;-)  But not me...and not my boys...
Every year after Christmas, I bring out a few snowman decorations--including this snowman family--to brighten the bleakness that January can bring after the festivities of December.  I usually leave them out during the first two months of the year, then take them down when March begins with its promise of spring.  This year, however, I was strongly tempted to take my cheerful snowmen down early, because I was completely discouraged about the lack of prospects in the snow department and I figured I might as well set those hopes aside and get on with the business of spring.
Tonight I'm glad I left the snowmen up.  Tomorrow, perhaps, we'll have some real snow outside to match these decorations inside.  All that's left to say is this:

Bring it on!!!  :)

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Amen, amen, amen!!! I don't know that we'll get anything, or very much (they SAY we will!), but I would really like some!!!!

Sarah-Anne said...

i resigned myself to the fact we would probably not get any. BUT. i would be so pleasantly surprised if we did!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the view out the sliding glass door now! Here is hoping for some more!!