Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scrambling for the Plateau Again

Last week, I lamented the spiritual plateau on which I was treading during my morning quiet times with God, and I wrote of my desire to arise further and make solid progress up the mountain.  This week, I completely fell off the side of the cliff and was left gazing at the wonders of that nearly-unattainable plateau.  When I was on it, I didn't much like it.  After I lost it, I realized anew how delightful even that straight stretch of land had been!

The culprit, of course, was the sickness that plagued me this week; and because I wasn't feeling well, it was so easy to justify staying in bed a little longer each morning and not getting up promptly.  Actually, I don't really feel bad about that; I didn't choose to focus on the word "arise" and document all of this just to get legalistic about it.  As a matter of fact, Psalm 127:2 tells us that "he grants sleep to those he loves," so you could say I was simply receiving the Father's love in increased measure this past week!  ;-)  But what I should have done--and didn't--was make other time during those sleep-in-as-late-as-I-could days to spend some time in the Word.

The past few days, I've been getting back on track; and I'm feeling hope as I look ahead to this week.  I'm shooting for 7-for-7-at-7:  7 days of the week, 7 days of getting up when my alarm rings, at 7:00 a.m. each morning.  I'll let you know how it goes...  :)

For my song this week, I couldn't pass up this oldie-but-goodie.  This takes me back to an earlier time in my life...when worship looked like this, complete with flag-waving, shofar-blowing, before-the-Lord dancing abandon.  Back in those days, I couldn't wait to get my feet on the soil of Israel.  In some ways, things haven't changed a bit.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon ... I think you're perfectly sensible to try to take things a little easier if you can.

Unknown said...

Sleeping until seven sounds like a wonderful plan. Once the baby is here, she may like to get up earlier.

bekahcubed said...

Oh, I'm so glad you shared that set of songs. It's been forever since I listened to any Paul Wilber.

I now officially am coveting a flag and a burgundy dress. And I would probably get kicked out of my church if I tried using either there like they're used in the video.

Thankfully, God can be worshiped just as fully in the more restrained style of my church (although I push the envelope on occasion). I don't know what I'll do when I find myself having a Saturday wedding with a dance, since long ago (when I was in a church where dancing was just fine) I made a pact that if I would dance with all my heart for myself on a Saturday night, the least I could do is dance with all my being for the Lord on the following Sunday morning. But I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, I really enjoyed that video/music--and I'm praying you would have the grace to "arise" this week as one of the glad righteous.