Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Invader

Countless times a day, a thought invades my brain waves:  I'm having a girl.

Of course, I think about this when I'm doing specific preparing-for-my-daughter's-birth stuff, like putting clothes in her armoire.

But even among other tasks and activities, the thought is never too far from my mind; and as consistently as ocean waves hit the beach, a word pushes into my consciousness:  GIRL.

When I do a spelling lesson with my boys...

...or record something in my homeschool planner.

When I put away clean dishes...

...or get out a pan to start cooking.

When I start a load of laundry and reach for the soap...

...or open the refrigerator and reach for some yogurt.

When I sit down at the computer to type...

...and especially when I lay down wearily to sleep.

"Girl...girl...girl..." the invader echoes.  "You're carrying a daughter.  You're going to have a girl!"

Of course, along with that joyous refrain comes another one:  her name.  Like a schoolgirl in the midst of a crush, I say her name over and over, rolling it around on my tongue, getting used to the way it feels.  But I can't seem to find the right blocks to spell that precious word.  Too bad.  I guess her name will just have to be a secret for a while longer...  ;-)

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

No fair!!! Devoted blog readers just need to know! :)

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you want to start taking guesses on her name! I have two names in mind.

Unknown said...

LOVE this post! So beautiful, so creative! And, even better that I know your little secret ;)

Davene Grace said...

Mary - you are welcome to guess at any time! I'm very curious to know what you think the name might be!! :)

I had thought about organizing some kind of "official" contest--not so much about the name--but about the date and time of birth, and possibly the weight. I've been putting it off, thinking that the birth was still so far in the future; but maybe I should get my thoughts together about that sooner rather than later! :) Maybe I will in the next pregnancy update... :)

Wonder said...

this post made me smile :). I love having girls ☺...it does seem just like yesterday that i was so excitedly awaiting my first girl baby. blessings to you! Annette

Unknown said...

What a lovely happy thought ... something so new and fresh and exciting about to burst into your life! Of course boys are amazingly fabulous, but suddenly there's a whole world of pink and frilly out there that you have access to! Enjoy and relish the differences!

Mike and Katie said...

Very clever pictures!

Unknown said...

What fun pictures! I love that you are having a girl.