Saturday, May 21, 2011

Have You Ever Been This Tired?

Do you ever feel like...

you are SO tired that...

you can't possibly stay awake...


ONE


SECOND


LONGER?


Shav has!

 At lunchtime today, he was sitting in his highchair, with a few pieces of carrots still left on his tray.  I walked into the kitchen from the living room where I had been talking to David.  I smiled at Shav.  I stooped down to listen to Tobin tell me something about the Curious George story he had been listening to on CD while finishing his lunch (something about a RED FISH that Curious George saw and then Curious George FELL IN THE WATER and other such exclamations).  I looked over at Shav and gasped.  I saw this:
He was out cold.
 He had been awake, just seconds ago!
 But there he was, still touching his carrots, completely and soundly asleep.
 His eyes flickered open the tiniest amount as I took off his sandals, picked him up from the highchair, carried him upstairs (enjoying the feel of his heavy sleeping weight in my arms), and placed him in his crib.
The sleep of the young is a beautiful thing to watch.

So I did.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad he stayed asleep. I love that he held the carrot and didn't let go.

Mike and Katie said...

Love it!

Eddie said...

Wow - that is really cute!

I once saw my nephew nod off into his birthday cake, but none of mine have ever been sleepers and even in the maginary instance that they did doze off, picking them up would have woken them instantly. What a lovely experience holding a heavy sleeping guy must have been! :)

Anonymous said...

awww love it!! The only time Sammy has ever done that is when he was sick! Love that he is still holding his carrot :-)

Misty said...

There are days when I wish I had the luxury of falling asleep at the lunch table! lol What a cutie! He must have really wanted those carrots