Friday, May 27, 2011

Planting Boys

I'm just not sure we have enough boys around here.
 Do you think if we plant these two fine specimens...
...more will pop up??  ;-)

* The holes in my parents' flowerbed were actually there because of the Bleeding Heart flowers we were transplanting.  After reading an online article about how to transplant Bleeding Hearts, I recklessly took on the job--after all, Google makes us all experts, right?  I joked with my parents that if the worst case scenario happened and both Bleeding Hearts died, I'd buy them new ones.  That was the only kind of guarantee I could give them.  I'm not a landscaper after all...and after doing that job in 90 degree weather yesterday, I don't think I'd ever like to be one!  ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe are your boys growing? ;-) how do the flowers look?

Sally said...

That's a neat post. On the subject of bleeding heart plants, I got mine from a friend who lives near here. She had one, and I was visiting her. She just took a shovel and jabbed down into the huge, solid mass of the main root and cracked off about a gallon-jug sized portion of the root. I brought it home, stuck it in the ground, and it has grown and bloomed terrifically ever since. I've never done a single thing to it except enjoy it. I never prune, fertilize, water, spray, or anything. I need more plants like that! I'm sure the ones you plant will do fine.

Davene Grace said...

Sally - that's good to know! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Sarah-Anne said...

i think you need to transplant some of those boys in MY yard so I can hug those boys to death myself!! ;)