Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wouldn't Be Her Birthday Without It!

Once in the year, we're guaranteed to have an angel food cake for dinner.  I just know that, when the afternoon of October 24 rolls around, I'll be busy in the kitchen, usually flanked by a little helper or two, with my trusty Esther Shank Mennonite cookbook open on the counter, mixing up an angel food cake.

Why?  Because it's my mother's birthday, and we always have angel food cake on her birthday.  :)
Besides this cake, we also had chicken alfredo, candied carrots, and fruit salad (I was going to also have salad, but I ran out of time--oops!).  Why am I writing this down here?  Well, not only will it be interesting (at least to me) to look back on the details of our dinner in years to come; but also (and this is the most important reason) Jeff told me, as he pushed back from the dinner table tonight, that when his birthday comes, he'd be happy with an exact repeat of tonight's meal.  So, lest I forget and find myself scratching my head on December 10, trying to figure out what to make for Jeff's birthday the next day, I'm recording it here.  :)

I have more to say about this special day for this very special lady, but it will have to wait until (Lord willing) tomorrow!

2 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Happy Birthday, grandma to these adorable boys and little Moriah. You are blessed to have them, and they are blessed to have you.

None of this would be the case were it not for THE greatest blessing of all.

I think you can say - as I can too - that 'unto me the lines have fallen in blessed places'.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday!! :)