Thursday, October 17, 2013

Moriah Has Two Dolls

This one that I happily and carefully chose for her shortly after we found out she was a girl...
And this one that some dear friends, Cindy and her daughter Maleasa, gave us after Moriah was born.
Which doll do you think Moriah likes better?
I knew what the answer would be; but to test my theory, I set both of the dolls on the floor of Moriah's room this morning, leaning against the wall, right beside each other.  And then I called to Moriah who was walking around in my room.
She came into her room...
 ...went over to the dolls...
 ...and picked one up.
 Moriah's favorite doll is NOT the one we got for her!
In fact, the one we got for her goes largely unnoticed, day after day, night after night, in her crib, as Moriah reaches for the other doll.  When I got her up from her afternoon nap today, the doll from us was actually lying face down on the floor, evidently having been pushed out of the crib by a little girl whose preference is clear.

Moriah has two dolls...

...but she only cares about one.  ;-)

Pictures of other times when Moriah was holding The Favorite Doll can be found in this post and this one.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She may change her mind. JDaniel loved a stuffed dog for long time and then switched to a teddy bear.

JFisher777 said...

silly me thinks it is simply cause the legs and arms are narrow and long enough to hold on to....

Valerie said...

All 3 of my girls have a doll very similar to the one you purchased. The only difference is we also opted to get their names embroidered on them. I pictured each of my girls walking around with their own little dolls, taking them with us wherever we went.
Um, no such luck.
We're 0 for 3. The older 2 think they are special, but they are on the bottom of the doll bucket. (after 3 girls, you need a bucket for dolls) :)
I still sneak Keturah's in her arms for a picture every once in awhile.
:) Oh well.