Sunday, October 6, 2013

Flying High

This little girl
 was flying high this afternoon,
 tossed ever-so-gently into the air,
 then returning to Daddy's strong arms
 to be caught safely by him.
 She smiled and laughed
and wanted more.

Tonight I'm flying high,
buoyed by the realization that this is the 1,000 post I've written for this blog.
Nearly three years have gone by since that very first post
and in those three years, there's been a whole lot of living that's slid under the bridge 
while I've watched the stream go by and tried to catch little pieces of it.
Most of the time, I've smiled and laughed;
and always, I've wanted more.
More time to write,
more time to photograph,
more time to fill up these pages of life's scrapbook with the wondrous moments that glide my way.

I savor the 1,000 posts that have gone before.
I look forward, with great joy, to the 1,000 more, Lord willing, that will come after!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved getting to watch your daughter fly.