Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moriah in Action

I completely used up my computer/blogging time tonight working on my new header and background for November--a very fun job, but one that left me without a shred of time to use on my intended post tonight.  So, a couple of tidbits about Moriah will have to suffice!  :)

A number of times recently, I've gone into her room to get her up from a nap and have discovered that she's taken off her shirt.  I'm not sure how she does it (because, of course, she never does it when I'm looking!), but somehow she manages to get it off.  She hardly says any words, but at least she's learning to undress herself!  :)

One of the adorable things she does at this stage is to come to me, take my hand, and lead me to where she wants me to go.  Sometimes she does this if she wants to go upstairs, and most of the time I go along with her desire; but once in a while, I have to tell her that no, I'm not ready to go wherever she happens to want me to go at that particular moment!  Again, she doesn't say many words, but she manages to communicate her thoughts pretty well without them.  :)  And I'm confident her verbal skills will develop in her own unique timing.  :)

Speaking of verbal skills...


She loves to watch what her big brothers do, and you can see in this next video how much she tries to imitate what David does.  She can't quite do a somersault yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.  :)

And lastly for this final night of October, a picture of the dear girl when I took her outside to play this afternoon and set her down in a pile of leaves.
She was not amused.  :)

After a while, she warmed up to the idea of being surrounded by funny, dry, noisy, crackling, poky things; and then she started to have some fun with them.  And those pictures will be posted at a later date.

Maybe.

If I ever get around to it.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a similar picture of JDaniel when he was her age. It is one of my favorites.

Valerie said...

Those video's are precious. I love her little voice. And the expression on her face made me giggle. She is too cute.