Friday, October 25, 2013

When My Brothers Play with Me {A Guest Post by Moriah}

Howdy, y'all!  It's sure been a long time since my mom let me do a post on her blog, but tonight she doesn't have enough time to finish the post she started about my grandma's birthday, so she's letting me have a turn.  Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say; and if she doesn't let me do more posts soon, I might have to up and get my own blog, just like my big brother David!  :)

Speaking of him...  One of my favorite times of day is after lunch before my nap.  Wanna know why?  It's because it's PLAYTIME!!!  Usually I can convince one (or two or more!) of my brothers to play with little ol' adorable me.  

Sometimes we play hide and seek.  Wanna know where I always hide?
 Right here!  It doesn't take 'em long to find me, but that's OK: I like to be found.  :)
 And then I go looking for them.
 I found one of my brothers!
 Well, if you consider Batman to be my brother.  :)
Sometimes we take a break from hide and seek...
 ...to play "Give Me Five."
 Whatever "five" is.  I think it should be called "Slap My Hand," but oh well.  They didn't listen to me.
 Sometimes right in the middle of our game, David gives me kisses.  Can you imagine?  Focus, brother, focus!!  :)
 My mommy keeps a basket of colorful eggs in my closet, just because she knows I like to play with them.  I kind of make a mess when I scatter them all around, but I'm good at helping to clean up.  All it takes is for her to start singing "Clean up, clean up..." and I look around for the nearest egg to pick up and put in the basket.  My mom thinks that's AWESOME!
 This duck game is pretty fun.
 The ducks go around in a circle and quack as they move.
 I'm getting pretty good at setting the ducks up on it, if I do say so myself!
When it's almost time for my nap to start, David likes to climb up on the side of my crib and wind up my musical mobile.
On this day, Tobin even climbed into my bed!  Silly boy!  He doesn't belong there!  :)
 At first, I thought I wanted to play a little longer, but then I realized I was ready.  I tried to climb into my crib by myself, but my leg just wasn't long enough.
I don't have any pictures to prove it, but I bet you can guess what happened next.  Mommy picked me up, held me close, sang me my lullaby, kissed me a bunch of times, and put me in my crib.

Oh, and Tobin got out of my crib!  :)

I sure do love my family...  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey!  Just poppin' up again to ask if you wanna see me in action!  Wanna?  OK, here you go!
My mommy says that that little "ehn-ehn" sound I made about 20 seconds into the video is the sound I make for EVERYTHING these days.  I'm pretty proud of myself for inventing that word.  The rest of y'all sure use a lot of different words, but I can communicate almost everything I need to say by just saying that!

I used to say "Dada" a whole bunch.  I especially thought it was HILARIOUS to say it when my mommy said, "Moriah, can you say 'Mama'?"  Of course, I COULD say "Mama," but it was so much funnier to say "Dada" and hear Mommy laugh and say, "No, no, no!"  And then she'd ask again, "Can you say 'Mama'?"   And I'd say "Dada!"  And she'd laugh again.  Then she'd say, "Can you say 'Dada'?"  And I would say "Dada," and she would clap and cheer for me.

I think she kind of wanted to get a video of me doing that, but I was too distracted by that shoe I wanted my big brother David to help me put on.  All I could say was "ehn-ehn."

One of these days I'll surprise 'em with a whole string of words.  Won't they cheer then??  :)

OK, time for another hide-and-seek video.  David's pretty easy to find.  He ALWAYS hides behind that door, but he laughs every time I find him.  I think he really likes playing with me.  :)
For real this time, I'm outta here.

Sleep tight, y'all!

Hugs and kisses,
Moriah

1 comment:

sally said...

I love how your children play together and with each other! That's great. Moriah sure is growing up and she's quite a good walker. I've got to have you all over again one of these days (after all our kids are better from colds!) so I can see these folks in person. Thanks for taking the time to post this.