Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Favorite Place to Shop

When Moriah was younger, we were blessed with an abundance of hand-me-downs from various friends, and we hardly had to buy anything for Moriah for the longest time.  But now that she's outgrown many of those clothes that were given to us, it's time to start doing a little shopping ourselves for her.  I can't say that I mind too much.  ;-)

It's easy to choose my favorite place to shop for her (and for myself and for everyone else in our family!): thrift stores!!  You can't beat the feeling of getting beautiful clothes in perfect condition for just a few bucks.  :)

On our date last week, Jeff and I had a VERY romantic time.  ;-)  We went to one of the little taco carts, the kind that is popping up everywhere around here, and ate a bunch of Tijuana-style tacos.  They were delicious as always, but they left us longing for the tacos we would eat when we crossed the border to Tijuana, back in our San Diego days - especially the price (was it 3 or 4 for a dollar when we lived there?).  ;-)

After we ate, we headed to the local Goodwill store.  :)

For something like $36.07, we got two skirts and a shirt for me, four (fairly dressy) shirts for Jeff, a sleeper for Moriah, as well as the following items...(I hope I didn't forget anything!)...

This sweater, which I thought was so cute...


This dress, which is made from a soft, cozy knit...

And this dress that caught my eye with its cheerful, colorful polka dots.
 When I saw the "3," I thought it would be perfect for Moriah to wear on April 9, 2015 (and on other days, too, during the spring and summer of 2015, as she enjoys being 3!)  :)
 But what really got me was when I looked inside the dress and found this tag.
Somebody's grandma, who went by the name of "Gramsie," apparently made this dress for her beloved (I'm sure) granddaughter.
This dress needed a loving home.  I couldn't just go off and leave it there, could I??  ;-)

All the clothes I got for Moriah (except the sleeper, which she happens to be wearing tonight) are too big for her to wear now, but I was happy to get them as I have the opportunity, then lay them aside for her until she grows into them.  That way, when I open the armoire in Moriah's room and see a perky polka dot fabric peeking out or see a vivid black and white pattern, I'll smile as I think of the future when she will, Lord willing, wear those clothes...and think of the past, to the romantic date night when I found those clothes for my girlie at my very favorite place to shop.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You found such wonderful deals. I love the birthday dress!