Friday, April 27, 2012

The Two Violinists

If you're familiar with the world of classical music, you've almost certainly heard of The Three Tenors.  But the real question is: have you heard of The Two Violinists?

No?  Not yet?

Well, now you have.  ;-)

This past semester was David's first semester of violin lessons, and it's been delightful for me to watch him join his big brother Josiah in the pursuit of excellence on this instrument.  It's really fun to hear them play duets together.  So far, their duet repertoire is limited to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," and "Boil 'Em Cabbage Down;" but I know it will grow.  :)

Four days after Moriah was born, both boys participated in a recital; and you can imagine that I was nearly bursting my buttons with (the good kind of) pride that night.

For memory's sake, I'll mention here that Josiah performed "Long, Long Ago," the version of it in Suzuki Book 2...
...and, for his first recital ever, David performed the theme of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
I'm admittedly biased, but I thought both boys did extremely well with their pieces; and I was thrilled to be able to accompany them.

I don't know what the future holds for these boys, as far as music-making; but I do know that, no matter what, I'm awfully proud of The Two Violinists.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh how very sweet!! They both look very excited!!