Monday, April 23, 2012

My Daughter and Her Daddy

Two weeks have passed since that glorious day when our darling Moriah was born.  Two (mostly) blissful weeks of getting to know her and delighting in the great gift God gave us in her!

Yesterday I took advantage of the fact that Jeff was home during daylight hours and asked him if I could please take some pictures of him with Moriah.  Even though his enthusiasm for photo shoots is quite a bit lower than my own ;-), he agreed and cooperated with all that I asked him to do.  He's a good man.  :)

I also want to give credit where credit is due.  Not only did Lisa first draw my attention to this book (which directly inspired the first and third pictures in this post), she also recently gave me a new lens for my camera; and I used that for two of these pictures.  Even more, she was the one who originally inspired me to do more with photography; and I owe so much to her.  My gratitude is enormous.

As is my love for this man and this girl...  :)
"It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life."
~ Dawn French

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."
~ John Gregory Brown
"Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express."
~ Joseph Addison

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are priceless!

Anonymous said...

aww such sweet pictures!! Love the first one so much!

Emily said...

Breathtakingly precious! I love the bond between daddy & daughter. There really is nothing sweeter.

Margie said...

These pictures are AMAZING.

Miriam said...

Love the pictures and the quotes you put with them!

I wonder if the library has that book...

Valerie said...

All of these pictures are amazing, but the first one is my favorite. Wonder if my little point n' shoot can even come close to capturing something like that.

Davene Grace said...

Valerie - the author of the book DOES include instructions for point and shoot cameras. For each of the photos, she gives tips for both DSLR cameras and point and shoot ones. So it might be worth checking into! :)