Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1st & 5th

For those of you who think I blog too much when I should be sleeping, I'll have you know that this post is for you.  ;-)  I had started the continuation of Moriah's birth story, but I'm not even close to finishing.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to get some sleep tonight with a little girl who apparently isn't too keen on sleeping in her crib.  We'll figure something out...  :)

Anyway, I'll settle for sharing just one picture tonight--my first-born holding my fifth-born.
Josiah has been so excited about his baby sister and so eager to take his turn to hold her (although he's polite enough to be a little more patient than some of the boys in this family).  ;-)  I think these two are going to have a special bond.  Actually, I think Moriah will have a unique, special bond with each of her big brothers!

But, as Josiah said this evening, "We're the I-yah's!"  Josiah and Moriah - such similar names.  Plus, Josiah has Jeff's first name as his middle name, and Moriah has mine.  Despite the almost 10 years that separate my first and my fifth, I have a feeling that these two will be close in heart.  :)

9 comments:

Sally said...

What precious children you have! I know Moriah will be abundantly blessed to have 4 older brothers. God knew when you had enough boys to make a sister feel special.

I'll be praying for you. I know lots of work is ahead. I'm really glad Jeff's mom is coming on the 18th. If you need something before then, please let me know. I'd be happy to play nap-nanny sometimes, or whatever is needed. I'm serious!

Bonnie said...

A sweet picture!
Try to see if she'll sleep in her carseat. Its a little more like being held than just a big ole' crib, and all 4 of mine spent the first few weeks-months sleeping in theirs if they weren't in bed next to me.

Lisa said...

Love the 1st and 5th. the protection she'll get from all her brothers is going to be something to remember — this will be an important photo.

Don't worry about the crib! What I told myself — "whatever it takes to get the baby sleep...because MY sleep is vital." Emerson slept in swing for naps during the day until 7mo and now he sleeps in crib all the time. It was an easy transition. He actually decided himself...I'm serious, couldn't have been easier. ;-) Pick your battles and most of all...get sleep. Use magic baby swing...if that's where she conks out then go with it.

Unknown said...

What an amazing picture! I hope she learns to love her bed.

Jo Ann said...

Precious! In every possible way.

Anonymous said...

That picture is soooo super sweet!! I want to come meet this sweet girl but first we must get over our colds :-)

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

This picture made my heart melt!!! I love it. You are so blessed my friend.

Valerie said...

"We're the I-yah's!" Love. It. :)

Davene Grace said...

Bonnie & Lisa - yes! I totally agree! Wherever baby sleeps is fine because I need to sleep, too! :)

The challenge right now is figuring out exactly where Moriah will sleep! So far, she vastly prefers to be sleeping on someone's chest...which is precious, and I treasure those snuggle times. But it also seriously limits my ability to do anything else. ;-)

But we're experimenting. So far, she is happy in the swing for just a little while before she wants to be picked up. But I know she'll settle into a groove and find some "favorite places." :)

Last night, she had a happy two-hour stretch in her crib, and after a feeding, another hour stretch in her crib...so that's improvement. It's just a matter of trying to figure out what works for her at this point.

Thanks for the ideas...and the support and understanding!! :)