Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Seven

Wasn't I saying something just the other day about life being full and rich?  Why, yes, I was!  Yes, indeed!  :)

The fullness and richness continued today with a wonderful day of celebration in honor of David who reached the ripe old age of seven.  My mind plays tricks on me and hurries back through the halls of time to the night he was born.  And then I open my eyes and see this great big boy in front of me, and I can scarcely believe it.

I have so much more I want to say--about this birthday and about this boy--but my energy has been drained from me so thoroughly that I don't think I can attempt the task at this point in time.

So for tonight, just one picture: the delicious chocolate cake that our friend Becky kindly made for David.  Making a homemade cake for each of my sons is a birthday tradition that I love!   But this time, I was SO relieved when Becky offered to do it.  David chose and put the candles on the cake himself: seven twirly candles and one #7 candle.  I realize that makes 8 candles in all, but we're not legalists about such things.  ;-)
Happy birthday, David the Beloved!  Tonight I'm thanking God for the richness and fullness you've brought to our family during the past seven years.  I love you with all my heart!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy 7th birthday David!

Now I want chocolate cake. :)

Sally said...

You were so wise to let someone else make David's birthday cake! I thought of offering to make one for you, but today wasn't one of my high-energy days, so I'm really glad God provided through Becky.

I hope you have a night with lots of rest and sleep.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday David!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It looks like he had a wonderful birthday. I love the candles!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Happy Birthday, dear boy :)
I hope you enjoyed your wonderful cake...

Emily said...

Not sure why my previous comment posted 3 times! Sorry about that.

I just got a new Bible with my gift card! I had been wanting one for a while! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday David!! That cake looks delicious!! Love the candles :-)