Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4th & 5th

Moriah already has a few things in common with her littlest big brother.
Like Shav, her due date landed on a Saturday.  Like Shav, she was born two days after her due date, on a Monday.  Like Shav, she first announced her imminent arrival by my water breaking here at home while I was in bed.  Like Shav, she was born in the morning.  Like Shav, she was born while I was standing up.  Like Shav, she was welcomed by a whole bunch of excited siblings.  :)
Can you tell that Shav loves her so much?  He'll come to me at random times when I'm holding her, and he'll want to give her a hug.  Which in his case, usually consists of him putting his head right beside hers, as close as he can get.  Sometimes he'll remember to use his arms to hug her, but often it's just his head.  ;-)
One of the really interesting things that I've noticed Shav doing during this period of adjustment is saying, "Me Moriah!" and then pointing to Moriah and saying, "This is Oddy!" (his pronunciation of "Shavi").  Knowing that young children often regress in some areas when they see a new little sibling getting lots of special attention, I wasn't too surprised by Shav doing this.  If he wants to pretend to be the baby and if he needs a little extra affirmation, I'll do my best to give it to him.  I never want him to feel overlooked or second-best.  He is so dear to me!!!
Towards Moriah, Shav has been unfailingly kind.  He's learning how to act around a baby, how to hold one, how to touch one (gently stroking the head and not the eyes, for example), etc.  ;-)  It warms my heart to see these two little ones together.

What a gift Shav is to Moriah, and what a gift Moriah is to Shav!  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how she is looking at him!

Anonymous said...

Picture 3 is my absolute favorite! That big smile while learning his new role as big brother!! Love it!!

Mike and Katie said...

Hopefully she doesn't share his sleep troubles...

Davene Grace said...

Katie - GOOD POINT! I'll keep praying about that because that is DEFINITELY an area in which I hope she doesn't imitate Shav!!! :)