Friday, April 6, 2012

Mother & Child

This past winter, my dad tackled a huge project: scanning old photos and slides and organizing them as computer files for distribution to various members of the family.  Recently he handed me a disc with pictures from my childhood - wow.  What a treasure!  I had so much fun looking through the pictures, and I hope to post more of them in the future.  Of course, just looking at the pictures makes me want to write all about them: the events depicted therein, my feelings on that particular occasion, etc.  I'm reminded again that there's nothing quite like a picture to capture a moment.  

Like this moment...
 ...my mother holding me as a newborn.

As I await the imminent birth of my own dear daughter, I am savoring these pictures, celebrating the cycle of life, and giving thanks for the love that has surrounded me from birth--the same love I am so eager to pour out on my daughter!

7 comments:

JFisher777 said...

Wow! You do look a lot like your mom!

Sarah-Anne said...

i thought that was YOU holding the baby for a second! you look so much like her :)

Valerie said...

You are such a teaser for titling a post "mother and child" so close to your due date! :)

Great pictures. You look so much like your mom.

Lisa said...

You and your mother look so much alike! What a blessing to have these photos to look back on. I love it.

PS. I'm totally blog stalking you to see what you're in labor.;-) can't wait.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

There's no doubt that we begin to see our own mums in a new light when we have kids of our own.

And I'm with Valerie .... my heart did a flip when I saw the title.

Baited breath here!

Unknown said...

You really do look like your mom!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see the ones of you and your sweet little lady!