Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TTT - From the Lips of My Three-Year-Old



Three is a fun age; but really, every age is - or can be.  Nevertheless, three-year-olds can be especially funny and unpredictable in what they do and say, lacking the impulse control and knowledge of life that comes with older ages.  My Tobin is no exception.

Tonight he asked me, "Is Grandma Fisher on the airplane?"  Umm...no, son...she left here on September 14 to return to her home in California.  I know the flight all the way across the country seems to take a very long time, but it certainly doesn't take 20 days!!!  Nevertheless, he remembers dropping her off at the airport and loading her suitcase onto the conveyor belt, so in his sweet little mind, apparently she is riding the airplane until she suddenly shows up again months from now for her next visit with us.  ;-)

At bedtime, I asked if Tobin wanted to listen to a CD, and he said, "Yes.  The Poky Nose one."  Huh?  The Poky Nose one?  Do we have one like that?  Turns out he wanted to listen to the Veggie Tales CD called Pistachio which is - you may have already guessed - about Pinocchio.  I guess Poky Nose is a pretty good name for it.  :)

Earlier this evening, he was complaining about some dirty water that had landed on his upper lip.  Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, I said, "Well, just wipe it off."  "I did," he said.  "With my tongue."  ;-)

You can find more Tiny Talk from Mary at Not Before 7:00.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is such fun to try and find out what three year olds really mean. Sometimes I have to get JDaniel to pick new words.

Anonymous said...

LOL love these!! I need to write Sammy's down again!

Sarah-Anne said...

so sweet! he sounds like such a talker now :) i'm sure you're happy about that!