Friday, October 21, 2011

Three Out of Four

My dad is the second of four children, and tonight we had the pleasure of having three of the four here in our home with us.  Unfortunately, the oldest child, Aunt Eleanor, lives in Florida and couldn't be here; but Uncle Rufus was here, and so was Aunt Helen, in town for a visit from her home in Chicago.  Before the party ended--rather, before it moved down the hill to my parents' house (I wonder if it's still going on down there!)--I knew I needed to get some pictures.  

The evening was filled with much laughter, lots and lots of noise, plenty of silliness.  It didn't take my boys long at all to warm up to these crazy relatives of ours.  ;-)

As a bonus, we got to celebrate the birthday of Aunt Elaine who graciously brought her own cake with her...and equally as graciously, shared the honor with my mother whose birthday is on Monday.  It occurs to me suddenly that we never did sing "Happy Birthday" like I had planned!
Well, Aunt Elaine (who is one of my most ardent blog stalkers), consider yourself duly happy-birthdayed.  If you'd like, I can wake up all the boys from their after-the-chocolate-cake-wears-off deep sleep, gather them around, and call you up so we can sing loudly over the phone.  Wouldn't that make you feel loved?!  ;-)

5 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Happy Birthday, dear Ela-ine, happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!

What a cake!! Wow

And what a great family gathering. There just isn't much nicer that a houseful of people having wonderful fun and laughter.... what a blessing :)

Davene Grace said...

Anne - I should mention that the cake came from Costco. Are you familiar with Costco? It's a huge, warehouse type store where you can get great savings on quite a variety of items. For a store, their baked goods are actually quite tasty; and their cakes are no exception. When Aunt Elaine told me that she wanted to bring something for dinner but wouldn't be home to cook but could get a cake at Costco, I said, "Sure! That would be great!" It gave me a chance to focus on the rest of the dinner preparations, without having to spend any time on dessert. Aunt Helen brought some delicious chocolate mints, and it was wonderful. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for little family get together and birthday celebration! I think since she is a blog stalker you should totally record a happy birthday video and post it ;-)

Mike and Katie said...

Ha, ha! Just the sight of cake or the mention of the word "birthday" gets my three little ones singing happy birthday. Sometimes we just sing happy birthday to every one they can think of when we're sitting at the table eating a meal. Silly girls!

Sally said...

I might be biased, but I think your parents are the best-looking ones in the whole bunch! Your mom is just as lovely as when I first knew your family. She is such a joyful, godly woman, and one I wish to emulate.