Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shav Sings His First Song

An unusual noise came forth from Shav's room first thing this morning.  At first, I couldn't figure out if he was crying...or talking...or calling out...or what.  Finally I figured out that he was singing. Wanna hear?
Can you figure out what song he's singing?  Of course you can't!  It's almost completely unintelligible; but after much thought I decided that he must be singing "Deep Down in My Heart," an oft-requested (by Tobin) song at our dinner table.  When I asked Shav if he was singing "Deep Down in My Heart," his face broke into a huge grin and he happily nodded his head up and down, grateful, I suppose, that I had been able to decipher it.  I was grateful, too:
~ grateful that he's now at the stage of "singing"
~ grateful that I didn't miss this fun first in his life
~ grateful that I could guess that he was warbling the words "deep," "down," "heart"
~ and grateful that of all the songs he could have chosen to begin his musical career with, he selected the one that says, "I want to be like Jesus deep down in my heart."

Shav's off to a good start.  ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet he made a joyful noise. I like his song choice.

Mike and Katie said...

Good Job, Shav!!!

The girls favorite song lately is "Deep and Wide." Amanda can sing the whole song and the little girls can sing the "Deep and Wide" part. It's so sweet and so much nicer to have them all singing in the car instead of crying.

Sally said...

Oh Davene, this is absolutely precious! It melts my heart. He is such a treasure. Thanks for capturing this and sharing it. You do so good at keeping up with sharing the precious moments of your life.

P.S. I made one of those vinegar/dish liquid fruit fly traps that you linked to in your random post, and it's working wonders for our kitchen. Thanks for sharing that tip!