Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recipe Box - Smoothie 2: The Jeff

"My" smoothie came from a book.  Jeff's came from his head.  This isn't the least bit surprising, of course, because by nature, Jeff is much more creative and definitely more of a risk-taker than I.  And most of the time, his creative risks pay off.  ;-)  It certainly did this time!  Introducing...

"The Jeff" Smoothie.
The ingredient list and directions are simple.  Go down to the garage and get a pint of frozen blueberries and a pint of frozen peaches out of the freezer.  Before coming up to the kitchen, go into the cellar and get a quart of grape juice.  Put the frozen fruit into the blender, pour in as much grape juice as the blender will hold, and mix it all up.  Drink.  :)

One side benefit of this particular smoothie is that it helps me be more spiritual.  Really, it does.  Every time I make it, I'm inspired to pray more.  My prayers usually go like this, "Dear God, please help the blender not to break.  Yes, Lord, please just keep it running a little while longer.  Protect the motor by Your mighty hand that parted the waters of the Red Sea.  You are powerful and good.  Thank You for Your love.  Amen."  ;-)

OK, I'm kidding.  I don't really pray exactly like that.  But it is true that making this smoothie puts our blender to the test, every single time.  You see, our blender is old--probably given to us for our wedding--and it's just a standard size and strength.  What this smoothie really needs is an extra-large, super-duper blender with a powerful motor.

Or maybe it just needs a smoothie maker who remembers to get the fruit out of the freezer ahead of time to soften up a little.  I *never* remember to do that.  But so far, our blender hasn't broken yet...and chances are, I'll still keep making this smoothie the way I always have.  It's so, SO yummy!

My poor blender...  ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sending prayers that your blender holds up or you get a new one for Christmas.

Me said...

Our blender smokes each time I use it so I completely understand those prayers. :)
Hannah

Emily said...

I make Rob and I a smoothie every morning for breakfast and on Friday I discovered our blender base has a crack and it leakes :-( Guess its time to test the warrenty on our blender. I need my smoothie!

Anonymous said...

Yum I could totally go for one of those right now!