Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Who Knew a Cake Smash Could Be So BEAUTIFUL?

Before yesterday evening, if you had asked me which adjectives would best describe a cake smash, I might have responded with...
~ fun
~ goofy
~ messy
~ cute
~ silly

But today, I have to revise that list to include...
~ GORGEOUS
~ amazingly, breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL!

You see, our kind friend Emily did a cake smash photo shoot with Moriah last night, and the photos are so lovely that they make me nearly melt into a puddle on the floor.

Beautiful cake (made and decorated by Emily and her wonderful mom Julie)...
Beautiful blossoms on beautiful trees at a beautiful secret spot...  ;-)
And best of all, a beautiful little girl.
 Before the cake smash, Emily snapped a few quick pictures...
 ...which I treasure.

 Just when I think I couldn't possibly love my family anymore...
 ...I do.  Every single day.

And then, with the preliminary photos out of the way, it was time for the real fun...
 ...letting Moriah have a go at smashing that cake!  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  :)








 I almost didn't put this next picture in, but it's such a classic Moriah pose these days--sucking on two fingers with one finger up her nose--that I finally decided I couldn't possibly leave it out!  ;-)

 This next one might be my favorite from the bunch??  Hard to say when I love all the photos so much!  But that little tilted head and that look in her eyes...it makes me dissolve from the sweetness!















And that was the end of the cake smash.

But not the end of the beauty, thanks to Emily's talent at capturing special moments.  We are so grateful!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this on Facebook yesterday. What a beautiful cake. I love the rose swirls.

Ruth said...

Stunningly BEAUTIFUL photos! Somebody's got talent! :)

And what a beautiful family... Your sweet little Moriah looks so dainty and ladylike as she smashes that cake :)

The Coderlambian said...

Very beautiful, indeed! What a princess!
That cake was lovely too!
Such nice memories from these photos!
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Valerie said...

Such precious pictures! There are a few with her head cocked to the side... and I liked all of those the best. :)
The family picture was beautiful too. You look stunning.

Margie said...

Lovely. All.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Davene, what precious, precious photos! The cake, the decor, the lighting, the daughter .... Just gorgeous :)

Dolores said...

Your family is beautiful!!!

I'd never be able to choose a favorite picture of Moriah. Each one tells a story. She's absolutely adorable... and so very pretty. I'm amazed that her white shirt wasn't covered in chocolate.....good looking cake too!!

צילום ילדים said...

amazing photography