Friday, April 26, 2013

The Clock Is Ticking

Time, it is a-passin'.

That statement is always true, of course; but I am not always as aware of the swiftness of time as I have been recently.  You might think that the clarity of that thought in my mind is due to the fact that David just had a birthday...or that Moriah turned one this month...or even because of my own birthday at the beginning of April; and while those events certainly remind me of the rush of time past us, there's something else that's dominated my thoughts in this regard.

Josiah will officially be in middle school in the fall.

As Tobin and Shav would say, "WOAH!"

Because we homeschool, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to grades; but when it dawned on me recently that my remaining years with Josiah here at home are fewer than I had imagined, I had to take a moment to recover from the shock!  Three years of middle school, then four years of high school, and then??

I've been spending some time the past day or two thinking about and planning for the seven remaining years of Josiah's homeschool.  However, let me qualify that by saying that we don't know the future and we may, at some point, feel God leading us to enroll Josiah in a "regular" ;-) school.  Or we may not.  Only God knows, and that's a good thing.  But if we indeed homeschool him through the end of high school, that only leaves me with seven years.

Tonight, seven years feels like such a short time.

2 comments:

The Coderlambian said...

Those 'check-points' are great! God has definately used them to help me refocus!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is not long.. crazy! I need to start planning for next year!