Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How to End a Birthday

When you have your first birthday...
 ...and the weather, after a long, drawn-out winter, has finally turned beautifully warm...
 ...and your tummy is full from supper, and you're a little tired but it's not time for bed yet, and it's still light outside so who wants to sleep anyway?...
 ...it just might be the perfect time to try, for the first time, the baby swing on the BIG swing set outside.
If you have a grandma handy who can push you on the swing, that's a good thing...
...and if you have some big brothers who can swing with you and entertain you with their antics, and a daddy who can work in the garden where you can watch him, those are good things, too.
Yes, somebody around here thought this was quite a treat tonight!  :)
Happy birthday, sweet Moriah!!!  You are loved more than words can say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet she will want to do this every night from now on.

Valerie said...

She's so precious :)

random ?
Have you ever tried to put that long section of her hair into a little fountain pony tail?

Davene Grace said...

Valerie - I haven't! How exactly does one get a wiggly one-year-old girl to sit still long enough to do that? Is it kind of like trying to thread a needle that's being carried along by a tornado?? ;-)

I will admit, however, that your comment got me thinking about what I could do with her hair, so when I was at the dollar store recently, I got some little hair clips, and I've been using those. If I time it just right, I can manage to get one of those in her hair in the split-second that her head is still before she moves it to try to see what I'm doing. ;-) At least it keeps the hair out of her eyes. :)