Monday, April 8, 2013

Flowers in Her Hair

We're finally having glorious warm, sunny weather--the kind of weather that makes you want to kick off your shoes and run outside barefoot.  My boys spent much of the morning doing just that, and I thought for sure their little sister would want to do the same.  ;-)

Turns out I was wrong.  Moriah's reaction when I gently placed her on the grass was very nearly identical to Shav's when he was just a little guy...
 ...shock and horror, and then a wild scramble for the nearest exit.  :)
 I could not even get her to look up at me so I could take a picture of her sweet face.
 It was "full speed ahead!" for my legs...
 ...in hopes that I would have compassion and reach down and pick her up.  I did.  :)

After I held her, I decided to carefully lay her down on the grass so I could snap a picture of her and the green grass and the tiny blue flowers that have sprung up in the grass.

Nothin' doin'.  That attempt lasted an even shorter amount of time than the first!

But then...be still, my heart...when I picked her up, I noticed that she had flowers in her hair.  Three tiny blue flowers had clung to her hair in the few seconds she was actually laying on the grass.  I don't blame them; I'd want to cling to her, too!  ;-)
 I nearly melted into a puddle.  Flowers in her hair!
Instead of dissolving, I handed her off to loving big brother David so I could take some photos.

They may not have been the pictures I had in mind when I walked out the door with my camera and Moriah, but they're still precious to me.

Because she is.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The flowers really look beautiful!