Monday, April 15, 2013

A Maranatha Kind of Night

I thought the words would spill forth from me tonight.

Since I no longer have the pressure to spend hours practicing piano, I assumed I would joyfully sit down at the computer and begin to get caught up a little on all the things left unsaid during the past several weeks.  But my heart is heavy--so heavy.  The bombings at the Boston Marathon, as well as other issues, have left me saddened and weary.  I hardly know what to say.  My tongue is tied.

All I can think is that I'm grateful--immensely so--for my life and for my beloved family.  Like my dear little Moriah who enjoyed crawling around on the patio one afternoon recently...
How blessed am I!  Tonight as I tiptoed around to check on my kids, I lingered longer than I normally do, and my heart welled up in thanksgiving for the precious gifts I've been given.

Besides "Thank You, God" the other prayer on my lips tonight is simply "Maranatha!  Come, Lord Jesus!"

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."
Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
~ Revelation 22:20 ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. Sooner rather than later.