Thursday, April 11, 2013

On My Feet! {A Guest Post by Moriah}

You know my mom?  She's a little lot busy these days.  Seems like, if she's not taking care of me, she's got her fingers stuck to the piano keys.  Just the other day, I heard her mumble something about "3 recitals" and "41 students" and "Bach concerto"...whatever that means.  

So I asked her today if there was anything I could do to help, and she paused and looked at me (I love when she does that!) before saying, "Well, you're pretty little, but maybe...hmmm...  I know!  You could write a blog post for me!"

Hot diggity dog!  I was hoping she'd say that!  ;-)

I know you've gotten to see a lot of me on the blog recently, what with turning the big O-N-E and all that; but let me show you my new trick.
I'm standing up, y'all!  On my own two feet!!  Of course, I did have to pull myself up by something; I can't exactly do it all by myself yet.  But when my brothers go downstairs and I'm left upstairs, I like to hang onto this gate and stand up so I can watch them better.  (Sure wish they'd take me with them though...)
 So I was standing there the other day, watching my big brother David whom I adore, when suddenly I heard a noise behind me.  It was my mommy!!
 I didn't want to watch the boys anymore, so I stopped standing up and started sitting down.
 My mom thinks it's awesome that I can do this.  She tells me that when my brothers were just learning how to stand up, they would sometimes get "stuck" and not really know how to get back down.  Apparently they did this when they were in the crib and were supposed to be sleeping, and Mommy would have to go and help them get back down.
 So I impressed Mommy by how well I sat down, and then I was off...
 ...as fast as I could.
 I was gonna get her!
 But you know what happened?  I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I was as bad as a dog who spies a squirrel.  I totally got distracted by something over by the front door and lost my focus!
 But then I turned back around, saw her again, and thought...
 ..."MOMMY!"
And then I got her.  But she might tell you that she got me.  Either way, I'm OK with that.

I like being gotten by her!  :)

3 comments:

Aunt Helen said...

Cool!!

Valerie said...

Oh my, I smiled the whole way through this. :)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Moriah, you are so sweet, but I really did not realize just how smart you were too.

I think that's what a whole lot of love being poured on a baby girl does for her :)