Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The First Night We Knew

On the wondrous day when our family was changed forever by the knowledge that the baby within me was a girl, my mother and I spent some time together that evening looking through the baby girl clothes we had accumulated over the years.  She held up one shirt that said "Grandma's Love," and I snapped a picture.

Almost a year and a half later, she held that same shirt again--only this time, there was a girl in it.  :)
The connection between my mother and my daughter is a beautiful thing to see.  From the very first night we knew God was blessing us with our Moriah, I also knew that my mother would always have a deep, special love for her.  My mother has loved--and continues to love--my sons incredibly, but methinks her smile beams a tiny bit brighter when she sees sweet Moriah.  ;-)

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

That's what i thought when I saw the pictures. Her smile is much bigger now that she's holding Moriah.

Polly said...

I love this!