Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our Newest Resident

* No, I'm not talking about Moriah.
* Yes, it's a girl.

* No, she's not a human.
* Yes, she has a name.  (It's Jenny.)

* No, she doesn't live in our house.
* Yes, she prefers the pasture.

* No, she's not a dog to keep Molly company.
* Yes, she's keeping Molly company, even though she's not a dog.

* No, she's not a sheep or a goat or a cow (although Molly has previously shared the pasture with those kinds of animals).
* Yes, she's a horse!
* No, she doesn't belong to us.
* Yes, she's owned by our Old Order Mennonite neighbors.
 * No, we can't ride her (she's a buggy-pulling horse).
* Yes, she's a great "lawnmower" and helps to keep the grass in our pasture down.
* No, it's no trouble to have her here.
* Yes, we like her very much!!!
Any other questions?  ;-)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I saw a post on Craigslist today, someone was giving away a pony. I was glad my kids don't check the free section of CL like I do! :)

Horses are so pretty. They kind of freak me out though. They always seem so much bigger than I think they are going to be. Ha! Does that even make sense?! :)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Aww she's beautiful. I think horses (and deer) are the most elegant, regal animals there are.

Unknown said...

What a pretty visitor!