Monday, May 14, 2012

I Never Thought My Daughter Would Have a Mohawk

But I guess that just goes to show how little I know about what the future holds!!  ;-)
To be perfectly accurate, Moriah doesn't have a mohawk, but a faux hawk.  There is hair on the sides of her head--just not very much, and it doesn't stick up like the hair in the center of her head does.

One day recently I remarked to Jeff that I couldn't remember any of our other children having hair quite like Moriah does, with its tendency to stand up and resist all attempts at smoothing it down.  "Tobin did," he calmly said.  Of course!  How could I forget this?  Jeff, being a barber, didn't forget Tobin's wild hair, that's for sure.  Neither did he forget Tobin's haircut.  "You cried when I cut it, remember?" he reminded me.  Now that you mention it, yes, I remember.

So Moriah isn't unique in her pattern of hair growth.  But still, I just never thought my daughter's hair would look quite like this!  ;-)
Regardless of how her hair looks, she is beautiful in my eyes.

She always will be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think her hair is super cute!! It's spunky :-)

Emily said...

So sweet! I love her little chubby cheeks.
On of my friends daughter had a full mohawk that they could not get rid of - it stuck straight up and no matter what they did! It was thick and long! Finally at around 8 months the rest of her hair grew in and flattened out! But that poor little girl's parents will have lots of great photos for her wedding slid show!

Sarah-Anne said...

i have been so absent from your blog lately...i didn't even say congrats on your sweet daughter's arrival! she is precious and her faux hawk adds to the cuteness ;)

Unknown said...

I think she looks cute!