Saturday, May 12, 2012

Moriah's First Love Letter

Every day I think about what I'd like to blog about, and I begin to compose long, lovely posts in my mind.

Every night I realize that time has slipped away faster than I wanted it to, and it is late and I need to get at least a little sleep before the first nighttime wake-up call breaks the silence of our house.

And my discouragement grows.  

These are precious days, and I want to capture them to fully appreciate them now and in the future.  But I'm doing such a poor job of it.  So many things I wanted to say are still unsaid.  So many pictures I wanted to share are still hiding out in my pictures folder, unseen by other's eyes.  So many stories (including the last portion of Moriah's birth story) are still untold.  I do not like it.

And here I am, another day come and gone, and all I have time and energy for tonight is a little snippet of a post.  Nothing deep.  Not what I was intending to write about.  But it's all I can do.  

So be it.

*****

It was short and sweet, simple and straight-to-the-point.  "i love you Moriah" was written in childish scrawl on a post-it note and stuck to the wall of her room.  The author?  Big brother David, who happens to be, by far, the most prolific love letter writer around here.
How appropriate that the one whose name means "beloved" would be the first to show his love to her in this way!  :)

2 comments:

Sally said...

Enjoying these days is by far the most important, even if your faded memory is the most future "document" you have of some of the wonderful times. It'd be terrible to be grumpy and stressed through this season of life and have every picture posted and every deep thought shared. But, I know the feeling and the struggle--and I think you do a great job of blogging no matter how you feel about it!

Davene Grace said...

Sally - you are so right. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I think a big part of my discouragement is that I feel so behind in nearly every single area of life; and with Jeff's mom soon returning to CA, I'm wondering how in the world I'll ever be able to keep up with basic life responsibilities. But I know it will all work out, even if it does take a while longer to feel like life is "normal" again. :) Thanks, as always, for your kind encouragement!!