Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We Drove 3 Hours to Find a Place to Swim

Temperatures in the mid-80s?  Bright sunny skies?  A perfect day to go swimming!  But where?

Oh, I know!  Let's drive three hours north of here to find a pool; that's a great idea!  Or is it?

Well, if it's the pool my brother and his family had installed (built? dug? what's the correct verb here?) at their house this summer, then YES, it really is a great idea.  ;-)  So that's what we did today.  :)

My boys had been looking forward to this day with such excitement (as is always the case when we get to spend time with Uncle David and Aunt Lori and the cousins).  :)  Josiah was uncharacteristically sleepy on the way up the road, but then he explained that he woke up shortly after 4:00 a.m. this morning.  He said he dozed after that, but didn't really sleep well.  No wonder he fell asleep on the way!  :)
 I was having so much fun enjoying myself while we were there that I didn't take many pictures.  But I did capture a few precious things...like Moriah hanging out with Uncle David...


 ...and, of course, lots of fun in the pool.  :)


 My dad even got in the pool...
 ...and, what's more, he even...
 ...jumped off the diving board!!  :)
 SPLASH!!  :)
Moriah didn't LOVE the pool, but she hung out in it for a little while before getting to take a nap.  :)
The rest of us (well, except for my mom, who is a landlubber through and through!) DID love the pool.

But we love the people even more.  ;-)

When the two Davids got ready to have their traditional upside-down picture taken together shortly before we departed for home...
...Moriah made us smile by toddling over and patting little David's face.
 She must have been wondering what in the world he was doing!
Building memories, that's what.  ;-)

Memories of a perfect August day...a beautiful new pool...and people that are so dear to our hearts that shared it with us.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful pool but even more wonderful time with your family!

sally said...

I think that's awesome! I don't know of anyone who has had a pool built or dug or whatever. I think they are wonderfully fun to swim in. I love our neighbor's pool and am eternally grateful that she lets us come use it all week long whenever we want. I'm certain your brother and his family will get a lot of enjoyment out of their pool.