Monday, August 19, 2013

On a Gray Day in May of '97...

...I graduated from Messiah College with a degree in music.

So did my friend Stephanie. See?  Here we are on that momentous occasion.  :)

And here we were, earlier today.  A couple of things have changed since that first picture was taken.  ;-)
Well, OK, nine things, to be exact.  ;-)  Nine precious souls that God has given to us to mother.  He has abundantly blessed us!

Stephanie and her four kids happened to be traveling through my town today on their way from Pennsylvania to Kentucky and stopped by for a visit which delighted me to no end!  Although we've kept in touch through the years, mostly by email, I'm not sure I had even seen her since our college graduation.  (Is that right, Stephanie?  I forgot to ask you today.)  :)  It was a joy to see her again and meet her children.  The only problem was that we just didn't have enough time to catch up; there were so many other things I wanted to ask her about!  :)

Even though some things are different than they were 16 years ago, Stephanie's kind, sweet spirit is still very much the same.  She's the kind of friend that I wish lived a whole lot closer than she does!!  :)

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Scrolling through this post with Susannah at my side, after scrolling past the picture of you and all the offspring she asked "Can I see the boy that is nekked?" I scrolled back up and she pointed to Tobin who is shirtless. I explained to her that it's ok for boys to not wear shirts (but not for girls!). :)

Davene Grace said...

Miriam - that's so funny! I will say that Tobin just saw this picture and is mortified because a little tiny bit of his underwear is sticking out above his shorts - horrors! :) You know how common it is for my boys to be shirtless, so I suppose the most amazing thing about this picture is that 3 of them actually have shirts on! :)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh wow - how amazing to meet up after all that time. And how *totally* amazing to have both been blessed so much :)